Monday, September 6, 2010

Dining at Donovans (with child in tow)

Donovans is more know for their exquisite steaks and wine offerings than their pasta ala fromage, so when I met a client at Donovans and just happened to have my daughter with me, we had to try the mac and cheese. I thought - what a great idea... we'll use it as a one of our kid surveys. What we found was mac and cheese that on any other day would pass as sufficient, but that night we went it was far less so. The pasta and cheese was not worthy, it was dried out, and tasteless. I thought for sure we would get something that could be paired with a fine chardonay, yet maybe mixing milk in would have been better. To top it off the heat lamp or last few minute broil cooked the top a little too much - and you all now by now how much I enjoy baked M&C...  For the kids, it was ok, a little bland, but for one of the lower priced meals on the menu it will be ok.
Donavans is located in UTC area, also known as Golden Triangle (La Jolla)

No comments:

Post a Comment