Monday, September 6, 2010

Take Solace in something Urban - Northpark

First of all, the picture I have taken her is terrible - sorry about that... my BlackBerry flash decided to stop working completely.  The night I got this delicious (but small) cup of M&C was a strange one. I was not planning on going to Urban Solace, but at a switch of a moments notice, dropped in to sit at the bar, have some biscuits, glass of wine, and try the mac and cheese. It was raining this evening (yes this is one of my older posts I was mentioning - from late April) and I was painting just down the street at the Art Academy.
The M&C was deliciously filled with baby tomatos, onion and rather heavily sprinkled with breadcrumbs. When I mixed it all together that made every bit taste a bit of bread crumbs, so I was unable to single out the cheese flavors from the past from the onion - you get the picture. Regardless - the small cup was worthy of a second visit that I manage a month or two later. At that visit my sister took part in the duckaroni - a M&C infused with duck. I only had one bite of that, so will have to visit again to do a 'round 2 writeup'.

If your in the area, this is definitely a must visit, but with the tavern right around the corner - it will have to increase it's portion to keep up.

Urban Solace is located in Northpark, just south of University on 30th.

urbansolace.net

4 comments:

  1. Best Mac is a creamy version at Christine in Palos Verdes... but a little oodles of noodles at Birdrock's Beaumonts is a fav too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! someone read my blog... thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kevin! I'm linking to your blog in a post I did about mac and cheese while traveling. Your pictures are delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should try the M&C at Nick's in Laguna Beach or San Clemente. You can stop by on your way to see mom. Your brother.

    ReplyDelete